Autodesk 3ds Max - 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software
Autodesk 3ds Max software helps increase overall productivity for artists and designers working with the high-resolution assets required by today’s demanding entertainment and design visualization projects. With support for point cloud datasets, enhanced viewport performance, and new scene management workflows, 3ds Max helps artists and designers handle greater complexity without slowing down.
In addition, a more responsive Active Shade that now supports the NVIDIA® mental ray® renderer and a new artist friendly node-based visual shader editor help increase efficiency for lighting, shading, and rendering tasks. Meanwhile, with support for Python scripting, 3ds Max is more easily extended and customized.
Autodesk Stingray - 3D game engine and real-time rendering software
Use the Stingray engine to create 3D games, real-time design visualizations, and stunning virtual reality experiences. Stingray connects directly to Autodesk 3D animation tools.
Stingray for real-time design visualization - Bring your design visualization projects to life with the Stingray design engine, which offers a direct connection to 3ds Max and real-time rendering. Add scene interactivity with user-friendly, node-based tools.
Create captivating VR experiences - VR brings us one step closer to complete immersion into virtual worlds. Use Stingray to create visually engaging, interactive VR experiences for games and design visualization.
V-Ray for 3ds Max is the core development of Chaos Group, which allows users to quickly and easily create realistic images while giving them full control over the 3D production process.
V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max is the most complete lighting, shading and rendering toolkit in the market, making speed and simplicity accessible to all artists. The latest version delivers powerful feature set, technical advances and support for open source technologies.
What's New in V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max?
New Features & Updates:
Fully compatible with 3ds Max 2017, V-Ray 3.3 introduces VR rendering capabilities and multiple V-Ray RT GPU enhancements. V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max also includes improved volume rendering, distributed rendering, and global illumination.
New VR Cameras
With our two new VR camera types, you can now render stereo cube maps and spherical stereo images. Output your V-Ray scenes to popular VR formats like Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR quickly and easily.
New V-Ray RT GPU Features
V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max includes a faster and more powerful V-Ray RT GPU.
V-Ray RT GPU supports:
- QMC sampling using NVIDIA CUDA (resolves noise faster)
- Anisotropic highlights
- Composite map
- Output curves
- Texture baking
- UDIM support (MARI)
New V-Ray Volume Grid adds support for OpenVDB, Field3D, and Phoenix FD volume grid formats. This allows you to import and render data from popular effects applications like Houdini and FumeFX.
- Add or remove distributed rendering nodes on the fly
- Updated Light Cache algorithm removes light leaks and improves animation
- New preview types for proxy objects – includes mesh simplification for optimized proxy display
- Faster rendering of hair and fur
- Intel Embree support for 3ds Max Hair & Fur and V-Ray Fur
3ds Max 2017
- Full support for new Physical Camera – co-developed with 3ds Max team
- Support for new Physical Camera Exposure Control
- V-Ray Lens Analysis Utility adds support for the 3ds Max Physical Camera
V-Ray for Sketch Up provides designers with faster rendering, better lighting tools, and the ability to create and visualize complex scenes. This designer-friendly rendering solution for SketchUp features dramatic improvements to visualization workflow with V-Ray RT and improved image based lighting quality with the V-Ray Dome Light. V-Ray Proxy allows for easier complex scene management with highly detailed models.
- Skatter Support – V-Ray for SketchUp now fully supports the new Skatter Extension for randomly placing vegetation and other objects in a scene. You now have the power to create anything in V-Ray for SketchUp!
- ArchVision for SketchUp Support – With V-Ray support of the new ArchVision for SketchUp extension you now have an extensive library of content at your fingertips for all of your rendering needs. Simply add them to your scene anywhere you like.
- Improved Animation – V-Ray now renders Animations more with more stability than ever before!
- Improved Batch Rendering – V-Ray now allows users a more stable experience when rendering multiple single frames using the batch render tool!
V-Ray for SketchUp Key Features
V-Ray RT CPU & GPU - This revolutionary rendering engine streamlines scene setup and provides instant visual feedback directly in SketchUp for quicker design, material, and lighting decisions. It’s fast and seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering.
Dome Light - Creates simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using importance sampling of HDR images. This technique greatly optimizes light tracing and global illumination precision.
V-Ray Proxy - Manages scene memory and efficiently renders large amounts of geometry to increase detail in complex scenes. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render time, which saves vital RAM resources.